subversion-users mailing list archives

From Kim Gräsman <kim.gras...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Commit bot without password
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2014 07:31:15 GMT
Hello ,

I've seen the discussion on rewriting transactions with svnadmin, so
it sounds like this scenario might be less esoteric in the future.

I just wanted to reiterate one thing that you might also want to think about:

On Sat, Sep 6, 2014 at 9:19 AM, Kim Gräsman <kim.grasman@gmail.com> wrote:
> One snag is that it seems like authorization happens before the
> precommit hook, so we can't lock users out of Subversion without also
> locking them out of the gated commit. Now that we're aware of this, we
> can figure out ways of countering it.

This is not a problem for us, but it would be nice if one could
somehow perform authorization both before and after the precommit
hook.

This could be a configuration option, e.g.

  authorization_when = before_hooks | after_hooks | both

I understand that this is not a priority, but I thought I'd highlight it.

Thanks,
- Kim