subversion-users mailing list archives

From Philip Martin <philip.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Change prevprops in pre-commit
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2014 13:26:31 GMT
Sergey Azarkevich <azarkevich@gmail.com> writes:

> I see in pre-commit hook template that changing revisions properties in
> transaction are allowed.
> But I can't find way for it (I want change svn:author to more readable).
>
> Is here way for this with svn, svnadmin, svnlook ... or other standard
> tool? Or I should use Subversion API and write simple tool?

I think we should provide command line support for setting txnprops.
The code is simple enough, the iterface is a bit harder.  There was was
some debate on IRC as to whether it should be

   svnlook propset -t txn

or

   svnadmin settxnprop -t txn

For svnlook it means adding a write subcommand to a program that at
present is read-only.  If we add "-r REV" support to be consistent with
other subcommands then we would then need further options to run/bypass
hooks. This would then overlap with the existing "svnadmin setrevprop".

For svnadmin it means that a pre-commit needs to use different programs
for reading and writing txnprops rather than just using svnlook, and the
name new name "settxnprop" is a different pattern from the existing
"propget" name.

We will probably need some way to delete txnprops as well.  There is
currently a new-in-1.9 "svnadmin delrevprop" to delete revision
properties, so either "svnlook propdel" or "svnadmin deltxnprop".
Or perhaps the new subcommand to set txnprops should allow a way to
delete as well?

--
Philip Martin | Subversion Committer
WANdisco // *Non-Stop Data*