subversion-users mailing list archives

From Philip Martin <philip.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Change prevprops in pre-commit
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2014 16:19:30 GMT
"C. Michael Pilato" <cmpilato@collab.net> writes:

> Why not just 'svnadmin setrevprop -t txn' ?  New option, but not a new
> subcommand.  I don't think it all that important to distinguish between
> "transaction props" and "revision props" once we get outside our API
> space and into user command space.  Our users understand "revision
> props" as properties on revisions, and transactions as revisions-to-be
> ... the rest is fairly trivial inference.

I was concerned that two thing: combining --transaction with
set*rev*prop, and the --use-pre/post options that do not apply to
--transaction.  However "svnlook propget" already combines --revprop
with --transaction and we can error out if --transaction is combined
with --use-pre/post.

> (And yes, 'svnlook' should be kept read-only.)

I prefer an svnadmin solution as well.

--
Philip Martin | Subversion Committer
WANdisco // *Non-Stop Data*