subversion-users mailing list archives

From Colin Campbell <colin.campb...@envisagenow.com>
Subject Assertion failed while updating a working copy
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2014 15:42:23 GMT
Hi, I looked at the mail archives and found the same issue posted a handful of times, but couldn't
find a resolution.

I tripped the Assert pasted below from TortoiseSVN 1.8.7 while I was updating my working copy.
 There were tree conflicts with the update (I had renamed a folder and modified some of the
files in it, but the update had also made changes to the files).  Now, I receive the same
error when I use Tortoise to edit tree conflicts regardless of resolution.  That is, I get
the error when attempting "Apply the update to the move destination" as well as "Mark as resolved
(the move will become a copy)".

Any thoughts?

Subversion reported the following
(you can copy the content of this dialog
to the clipboard using Ctrl-C):

In file
'D:\Development\SVN\Releases\TortoiseSVN-1.8.7\ext\subversion\subversion\libsvn_wc\wc_db_update_move.c'
line 1039: assertion failed (move_dst_revision == expected_move_dst_revision
|| status == svn_wc__db_status_not_present)
OK