On 03.07.2014 11:37, Notes Jonny wrote:
Hi Bert

Could I ask, would it be possible to standardise the .svn format to
avoid the problems I see?

svn: E155021: This client is too old to work with the working copy at
'/cygdrive/c/jenkins/_code' (format 31).
You need to get a newer Subversion client. For more details, see
  http://subversion.apache.org/faq.html#working-copy-format-change

Like the way FLAC or MP3 bitstream is standardised, if .svn folder
could be standardised, and not change from format 29 -> 31, it would
make my life simpler (I have cygwin svn.exe, TortoiseSVN and also
Jenkins SVN) because Jenkins SVN is lagging behind, I have to manually
find old versions of other tools.  That is the workaround. However, if
svn was backwards and forwards compatible to work gracefully with
checkouts that would be great.

It's definitely not trivial. We want to do that eventually, but due to hysterical raisins, it's going to take a fair amount of work.

-- Brane

--
Branko ─îibej | Director of Subversion
WANdisco // Non-Stop Data