subversion-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Stieger <andreas.stie...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: subversion destroys my Working Copy
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2014 05:44:07 GMT
Hi,

a @revision tag. The commit message looks like this:

> C:\IKOfficeRoot\Java\ERP\Core\build.xml
> C:\IKOfficeRoot\Java\ERP\Framework\data\templates\customer-build-template.xml
> C:\IKOfficeRoot\Java\ERP\Core\build.xml
> C:\IKOfficeRoot\Java\ERP\Framework\data\templates\customer-build-template.xml
> At revision: 28113
> Commit succeeded, but other errors follow:
> Error bumping revisions post-commit (details follow):
> Failed to run the WC DB work queue associated with 'C:\IKOfficeRoot', work item 48025
(file-commit Java/ERP/Core/build.xml)
> Can't move 'C:\IKOfficeRoot\.svn\tmp\svn-F4D69508' to 'C:\IKOfficeRoot\Java\ERP\Core\build.xml':
Zugriff verweigert

Environmental problem, the file is locked. Which editor are you using? Does your editor lock
files in a way that is incompatible with modifications via keywords? Does the same happen
if you close the editor when committing?

> I beg you to fix that because it is really time consuming and annoying having to check
out gigabytes again and again.

There is ways around that, including partial checkout. Also working copies are portable and
can be cloned.

> And just in case you wonder: Of couse I tried to cleanup the root folder C:\IKOfficeRoot,
but this always tells me that cleanup doesn’t succeed, and that I should do a cleanup instead…

As above, check if your environment locks files in ways that would cause his behaviour.

Andreas