subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-2...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: newbie cant import files into repo
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2014 03:59:38 GMT

On Jul 18, 2014, at 1:59 PM, frank ernest wrote:

>> No, you "svnadmin create" your repositories in a central place on your server. Then
you configure your
>> Subversion server (svnserve or mod_dav_svn) to serve those repositories. Then you
import code into those
>> repositories via the URLs exposed by your Subversion server. This and other basics
of Subversion should be
>> amply described in the SVN Book at http://svnbook.org/
>
> Any particular section? I've been reading
> "Version Control with Subversion [DRAFT]
> For Subversion 1.8
> (Compiled from r4501)"
> But have not noticed what you speak of in there.
>
> Thanks, again

You should Reply All so that your reply goes to the list too, not just to me personally. Sometime
(like now) I forget to reply to messages.

It has been years since I have read the book but at the time I found it beneficial to read
it in order from the beginning.

Chapter 1 defines fundamental Subversion concepts. Chapter 2 describes basic usage. Chapter
6 discusses setting up your server. Those all seem like they would be applicable.