subversion-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Stieger <andreas.stie...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Problems with subversion
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2014 16:02:44 GMT
Hello,

> On 2 Jul 2014, at 15:42, "Giuliani Paolo" <paolo.giuliani@edf-energy.com> wrote:
>
> svn: Commit failed (details follow):
> svn: Unable to open an ra_local session to URL
> svn: Unable to open repository 'file:///ENGDATA/DeFRAC/defracdev/repository/maintv2/trunk'

> svn: Error opening db lockfile
> svn: Can't get shared lock on file '/ENGDATA/DeFRAC/defracdev/repository/locks/db.lock':
No locks available

> I tried to issue the recover subcommand (svnadmin recover /altroot/ENGDATA/DeFRAC/defracdev/repository),
but
> still I received the following message:
>
> Repository lock acquired.
> Please wait; recovering the repository may take some time...
>
> Recovery completed.
> svn: Error opening db lockfile
> svn: Can't get shared lock on file '/altroot/ENGDATA/DeFRAC/defracdev/repository/locks/db.lock':
No locks available

Looks like a remote file system? If so, which file system or file protocol is that? Does it
support locking?

The recovery is not related to the inability to get a file system lock.

Note that the file:// access scheme is intended for local repositories and debugging, and
you may want to consider a server.

As always, as you have not given a version, a current svn version may contain a fix for your
problem.

Andreas