subversion-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Stieger <andreas.stie...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Ran svn revert but files are still modified
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2014 14:42:44 GMT
Hi,

> On 18 Jul 2014, at 13:51, OBones <obones@free.fr> wrote:
>
> I have a working copy here where a file is in status "modified" which won't go away.
> This file is a binary database dump (.bak) and I don't understand why this happens on
that file while there are other files with that extension in the same folder that do not behave
the same.
> I tried running "svn revert" and "svn cleanup" but this did not make the file go back
to unmodified.

Did you run revert recursively with "-R", or did you run it on the item specifically? Without
that, do not expect the file to be reverted.

> When using WinMerge to see the diffs, it tells me the file is identical to its base.

Note that your third-party diff tool may be configured to ignore certain changes like line
ending formats etc

Check your diff tool invocation settings, and check the authoritative "svn diff" on the specific
item.

Andreas