subversion-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Migowski <dmigow...@ikoffice.de>
Subject AW: subversion destroys my Working Copy
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2014 09:23:58 GMT
Hello Andreas,

my editor (current Eclipse 4.4) locks my build.xml files, even after I closed them in the
Editor. This is a bug, alright, but nonetheless I feel that subversion should never leave
the Working Copy in a state where it cannot be cleaned up anymore.

I propose the following behavior as correct: Since the commit itself succeeded, the local
file should be marked as being in the revision committed, but with local changes (since the
tags have not been updated). Then I could simply fix my problems by reverting to HEAD after
unlocking my file and everything is fine.

Do you agree? This behaviors seems much better.

Regards,
Daniel Migowski

Von: Andreas Stieger [mailto:andreas.stieger@gmx.de]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 17. Juli 2014 07:44
An: Daniel Migowski
Cc: users@subversion.apache.org
Betreff: Re: subversion destroys my Working Copy

Hi,

On 17 Jul 2014, at 02:41, Daniel Migowski <dmigowski@ikoffice.de<mailto:dmigowski@ikoffice.de>>
wrote:
This always occurs when I commit a resource already open in an editor which contains a @revision
tag. The commit message looks like this:

C:\IKOfficeRoot\Java\ERP\Core\build.xml
C:\IKOfficeRoot\Java\ERP\Framework\data\templates\customer-build-template.xml
C:\IKOfficeRoot\Java\ERP\Core\build.xml
C:\IKOfficeRoot\Java\ERP\Framework\data\templates\customer-build-template.xml
At revision: 28113
Commit succeeded, but other errors follow:
Error bumping revisions post-commit (details follow):
Failed to run the WC DB work queue associated with 'C:\IKOfficeRoot', work item 48025 (file-commit
Java/ERP/Core/build.xml)
Can't move 'C:\IKOfficeRoot\.svn\tmp\svn-F4D69508' to 'C:\IKOfficeRoot\Java\ERP\Core\build.xml':
Zugriff verweigert

Environmental problem, the file is locked. Which editor are you using? Does your editor lock
files in a way that is incompatible with modifications via keywords? Does the same happen
if you close the editor when committing?

I beg you to fix that because it is really time consuming and annoying having to check out
gigabytes again and again.

There is ways around that, including partial checkout. Also working copies are portable and
can be cloned.

And just in case you wonder: Of couse I tried to cleanup the root folder C:\IKOfficeRoot,
but this always tells me that cleanup doesn’t succeed, and that I should do a cleanup instead…

As above, check if your environment locks files in ways that would cause his behaviour.

Andreas