subversion-users mailing list archives

From David Aldrich <David.Aldr...@EMEA.NEC.COM>
Subject RE: Unexpected merge result
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2014 09:36:34 GMT
A little more information:

It seems that the property change is actually the removal of property svn:mergeinfo.

David

From: David Aldrich [mailto:David.Aldrich@EMEA.NEC.COM]
Sent: 16 July 2014 16:04
To: 'users@subversion.apache.org' (users@subversion.apache.org)
Subject: Unexpected merge result

Hi

I am running a svn 1.8.9 client on Windows against a 1.8.9 server.

Today I created a new branch from my trunk and made some changes to the branch. I want to
merge those changes back to the trunk. The trunk has not been changed since creating the branch.

First I did a merge from trunk to branch, expecting nothing to merge, but one file did change:

C:\>svn status
X       <snip>\dsp_include

Performing status on external item at '<snip>\dsp_include':

C:\>svn merge ^^/trunk
--- Recording mergeinfo for merge of r5824 through r5827 into '.':
U   .
--- Eliding mergeinfo from '<snip>\StarCoMPLTE.h':
U   <snip>\StarCoMPLTE.h

C:\SVNProj\zodiac\branches\TRY_NECA_SBM_16July2014>svn status
M      .
X       <snip>\dsp_include
M      <snip>\StarCoMPLTE.h

The change to StarCoMPLTE.h is to properties only but I don't why the properties have changed
since nothing changed on the trunk.

Is this a bug?  How should I handle this please?

Best regards

David

Click here<https://www.mailcontrol.com/sr/NB+9hyR8wRHGX2PQPOmvUsPk3Ki21lNCUKIvNBPd9OxY5MOyiGyo+jY5SGEd4lWA72UkG9eV!foWkFyhp8LJ4g==>
to report this email as spam.