subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Brisset, Nicolas" <nicolas.bris...@airbus.com>
Subject Moving a repository with svn:externals using absolute paths (URLs)
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2014 13:32:59 GMT
Hi,

We’ve been using svn successfully for years on a server, and now have to migrate to a new
one. We are hit by the known issue of svn:externals containing absolute paths to the repo
to be moved, since we started with versions <1.5 without support for relative URLs.
We’ve been researching how to properly do this, knowing that we handle certified SW on that
server, so losing data or corrupting the repo is not allowed, and we want to be able to go
back in time and checkout an old state at any time.

We’ve experimented the svndumptool (http://svn.borg.ch/svndumptool/) referenced for instance
in this post:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/204616/how-to-migrate-all-urls-in-svnexternals-properties-across-a-repository
It seems to be the only tool doing what we want, and it apparently works, but before doing
the change on the production repo we’d like to know what experiences there are with this
tool, and if  it’s safe to use – or if there is a better alternative.

Thanks for your feedback if you have any experience with this,

Nicolas

AIRBUS HELICOPTERS DEUTSCHLAND GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft / Registered Office: Donauwörth
Registergericht / Registration Court: Amtsgericht Augsburg HRB 16508
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates / Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Guillaume Faury
Geschäftsführung / Board of Management:
Dr. Wolfgang Schoder, Vorsitzender / CEO; Friedrich-Wilhelm Hormel; Ralf Barnscheidt; Oliver
Schenzle

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This communication and the information it contains is intended for the addressee ( s ) named
above and for no other persons or organizations.
It is confidential and may be legally privileged and protected by law. The unauthorized use,
copying or disclosure of this communication
or any part of it is prohibited and may be unlawful.
If you have received this communication in error, kindly notify us by return e-mail and discard
and/or delete the communication.
Thank you very much.
It is possible for e-mails to be intercepted or affected by viruses. Whilst we maintain virus
checks on our e-mails, we accept no liability for viruses
or other material which might be introduced with this message.