subversion-users mailing list archives

From James French <James.Fre...@naturalmotion.com>
Subject RE: Set a repository never ignore files
Date Sun, 08 Jun 2014 20:23:57 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Andreas Krey [mailto:a.krey@gmx.de]
Sent: 04 June 2014 17:11
To: James French
Cc: Nico Kadel-Garcia; Andreas Stieger; users@subversion.apache.org
Subject: Re: Set a repository never ignore files

On Wed, 04 Jun 2014 15:50:35 +0000, James French wrote:
> The purpose of the repo in question is to store 3rd party distros. I've lost count of
the times over the years that we've fallen foul of files not being checked in and then only
finding out later.

Perhaps you shouldn't build releases from the dev's sandbox who forgets the checkins, but
from a separate sandbox. That way you notice immediately when something is missing/not committed.

When I say later I mean that day or the next, picked up by continuous integration. Its not
always obvious what has happened and can take some time to diagnose and get the missing files
added. Its an annoyance.

Just had a thought, perhaps the svn devs should be bold enough to not set up any ignores by
default - noy necessary now there are more powerful ways of doing it and it would solve this
case.