subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ed <wowbagger58-foru...@yahoo.com>
Subject TortoiseSVN bug - assertion failure
Date Sat, 14 Jun 2014 00:00:30 GMT
In file
 'D:\Development\SVN\Releases\TortoiseSVN-1.8.7\ext\subversion\subversion\libsvn_wc\wc_db.c'
 line 13676: assertion failed (svn_dirent_is_absolute(local_abspath))
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

The circumstances involving the assertion were as follows:
1) In repo-browser, I created a folder directly under "trunk".
2) I attempted to check this folder out to a directory that already contained actual versionable
files (i.e., source files)*.
When I attempted the checkout, I got the error.
I may revert to an older version of TortoiseSVN, since I've never gotten that error before,
and it's preventing me from adding projects (unless I use another technique).

[*This is how I add a project to source control. After checking out a new, empty project,
I use
TortoiseSvn (from the explorer menu) to add the revelevant files, then perform a commit.]

I don't know whether I'm sending this post to the correct address, as the instructions for
bug reporting are very poorly written.

I don't know whether I'm sending this report to the correct place, as the instructions for
bug reporting are extremely poor.