subversion-users mailing list archives

From Dan Ellis <danelli...@gmail.com>
Subject Checksum in --xml for svn info <repo_file>
Date Mon, 12 May 2014 21:49:28 GMT
Hi,

Related to my other email regarding diffing a working copy file to a
potentially unrelated repository file; my real intent is to find out if two
files are different in content and really do not care about the actual
differences (the reason I want --summarize).

When performing an svn info on a local working copy, I can see the file's
checksum (sha-1 specifically), but this doesn't work on repositories.  It
would be really nice and save some bandwidth if I could simply compare
checksums versus performing a diff.  Is there support in the SVN server API
that supports this property?  If so, is there any interest from the
developers to add this xml tag?

c:\Project_files\sandbox>svn info AAAA.txt --xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<info><entry>
<non-XML SNIP>
<wc-info><checksum>f0d19ccba8cd50a4f88c31deeb635c564fadcf5f</checksum></wc-info>
</entry></info>

Thanks again,
Dan