subversion-users mailing list archives

From David DL <ddl...@outlook.com>
Subject Sharing a vendor branch with 2 project repos?
Date Fri, 30 May 2014 16:50:20 GMT
Hi All,

I'm trying to set up a by-the-book vendor branch, but I need to share it with two projects
that exist in their own repositories.

The patches I need to maintain to the vendor code do need to be shared by both projects, so
that makes things simpler I think.

Here is the structure I'm planning to use:  (Hope the formatting makes sense)

# Repo 1: For vendor drops
VendorDropRepo/SomeVendor/LibA/

    ./delivery_current

    ./delivery_tags/

    ./delivery_tags/delivery_1.0

    ./delivery_tags/delivery_1.1

    ./patched_current

# Repo 2: For ProjectOne code

ProjectOneRepo/trunk

    svn:externals /VendorDropRepo/SomeVendor/LibA/patched_current@100 LibA

# Repo 2: For ProjectTwo code

ProjectTwoRepo/trunk

    svn:externals /VendorDropRepo/SomeVendor/LibA/patched_current@150 LibA

Question for the mailing list:

Does this seems like a good idea?

Thank you,

David

P.S. I think the vendor branch chapter in the svn book is missing an example command line
for the second vendor drop tagging step.  I've attached a patch that adds this.  I'm guessing
at the xml format, so take it with a grain of salt.