subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Cooke, Mark" <mark.co...@siemens.com>
Subject RE: Copy the files between the branches witin the same repo and with saving the svn info about the operation.
Date Wed, 14 May 2014 06:22:03 GMT
Could you please, in future, post in plain text and add new text either in-line or at the bottom,
it is much easier to follow then... See more below...

> On 12 May 2014 07:24, Cooke, Mark <mark.cooke@siemens.com> wrote:

I am glad to help.  I just checked the TSVN context menus and you are right, I had forgotten
that "copy" was not in there.  However, I usually use right-click-and-drag in explorer because
windoze gives you options for move / copy even for non-subversion files (which can be a very
useful safeguard at times!)

Anyway, for completeness I wanted to also point out this page:

http://tortoisesvn.net/usefultips.html

...which includes the right-click-and-drag under "Most forgotten feature"

~ Mark C