subversion-users mailing list archives

From Tobias Bading <tbad...@web.de>
Subject Re: "svn copy --parents" allows insertion of an errant '\' in http://path
Date Wed, 07 May 2014 16:11:17 GMT
Umm, forgot the obvious: Did you try to rename the directory directly in the repository, e.g.
using
svn mv -m "..." "http://svr/sandbox/A\B/bar1.c" "http://svr/sandbox/AB/bar1.c"?

Tobias

On 07.05.2014, at 18:04, Tobias Bading wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> I just tried this on OS X (using svn 1.8.0) and I'm able to create a directory in the
repository with a backslash in its name and delete it again.
> My guess would be that this works on other UNIXes as well. So if you have access to a
non-Windows machine, delete or rename the directory from that machine. (Don't forget that
you have to escape the backslash with a second backslash for the shell.)

> Tobias
>

> On 07.05.2014, at 01:25, Dan Ellis wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I pulled a silly mistake just now...  I accidentally let my windows backslash enter
into an http URL during an SVN copy operation.

>> copy --parents "C:\Project_files\sandbox\bar.c" "http://svr/sandbox/A\B/bar1.c" -m
"bad commit"

>> It successfully committed.
>>
>> svn update now returns the following:
>>
>> svn: E155000: 'A\B' is not a valid filename in directory 'C:\Project_files\sandbox\'
>>
>>  First, I assume there should be a check to prevent this invalid character for URLs.
 Second, how do I undo my error?