subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Darren Morby" <dmo...@iconect.com>
Subject Subversion crashed on Windows during a long operation
Date Tue, 27 May 2014 21:45:14 GMT
Hi. I received the following message when running svn update --set-depth infinity on Windows
(build 1.8.9 downloaded from VisualSVN site):

This application has halted due to an unexpected error.

A crash report and minidump file were saved to disk, you can find them here:

C:\Users\dmorby\AppData\Local\Temp\svn-crash-log20140527173324.log

C:\Users\dmorby\AppData\Local\Temp\svn-crash-log20140527173324.dmp

Please send the log file to users@subversion.apache.org to help us analyze

and solve this problem.

NOTE: The crash report and minidump files can contain some sensitive information

(filenames, partial file content, usernames and passwords etc.)

This seems to happen only when downloading many large files (like third-party DLLs) or many,
many small files (I’m guessing about 3000 files).

This seems to be a problem with 1.8 as 1.7 never did this.

I’ve also tried the svn included with 1.8.7 version of TortoiseSVN and it pops up the “encountered
an error and needs to close” message.

Darren Morby

Programmer

iᴄᴏɴᴇᴄᴛ Development, ʟʟᴄ <http://www.iCONECT.com>

o – 519.645.1663 x242

LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/company/iCONECT>  Twitter <http://www.twitter.com/iCONECT>
 Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/iCONECT>

Schedule an Xᴇʀᴀ Demo <http://www.iconect.com/products/xera-product-demo/>  on-site,
online or at iᴄᴏɴᴇᴄᴛ.

This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain
information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of the message is not the intended
recipient or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, notify the sender immediately by return email and delete the
message and any attachments from your system.