subversion-users mailing list archives

From jbl...@icloud.com
Subject Re: during checkout, some files always cannot be pulled out to my local drive
Date Tue, 27 May 2014 17:46:04 GMT
On May 27, 2014, at 8:44 AM, frame <xsli2@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I am using ToitoiseSVN on Windows 7. When I check out a tree from the repository, one
directory within the tree behaves odd: some files within this directory were successfully
checked out while some files never came down. They all are *.h files. Right now, if I run
"svn st", there are a bunch of '!' and file names. Those files do exist inside the repository,
as I have checked by  the command "svn ls /path/to/repo/thisOddDir/abc.h" (suppose abc.h is
one of those files failed to be checked out). I ran many times "svn update" and nothing changes.

> I thought by accidents this local directory was corrupted. I have deleted the whole local
tree and re-checked out from the repository. Same problem remained. When I check out the same
repository from a linux machine, then everything is fine. No such a problem.

> I have used subversion for about 10 years. But now I feel so confused. Thank you very
much for your help.

Windows uses a case insensitive file system, whereas Linux uses a case sensitive file system.
Most likely, you have files and/or directories that are spelled differently only in capitalization.

If you perform "svn list" from within the working copy, you should be able to inspect the
output for any objects that might differ only in case.