subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Bert Huijben" <b...@qqmail.nl>
Subject RE: "svn copy --parents" allows insertion of an errant '\' in http://path
Date Wed, 07 May 2014 07:30:42 GMT
I think a

$ svn mv –parents http://svr/sandbox/A\B http://svr/sandbox/A/B -m "Renamed bad directory”

Should fix your repository.

Subversion doesn’t support ‘\’ in local paths, but on the server side there is no real
problem with that character. So the trick is to avoid the working copy while fixing.

If you receive ugly http errors, you might have to perform this operation on the repository
itself via  <file:///\\> file:///, but I think it will work for you, or you would have
received the same error when adding the path.

                Bert

From: Dan Ellis [mailto:danellis10@gmail.com]
Sent: woensdag 7 mei 2014 01:26
To: Subversion Users
Subject: "svn copy --parents" allows insertion of an errant '\' in http://path

Hi,

I pulled a silly mistake just now...  I accidentally let my windows backslash enter into an
http URL during an SVN copy operation.

copy --parents "C:\Project_files\sandbox\bar.c" "http://svr/sandbox/A\B/bar1.c <http://svr/sandbox/A/B/bar1.c>
" -m "bad commit"

It successfully committed.

svn update now returns the following:

svn: E155000: 'A\B' is not a valid filename in directory 'C:\Project_files\sandbox\'

 First, I assume there should be a check to prevent this invalid character for URLs.  Second,
how do I undo my error?

I'm on SVN 1.8.5 and the backslash should give me away as a windows user (Win7 - 64bit).

Thanks for the help,

Dan