subversion-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Bert Huijben" <b...@qqmail.nl>
Subject RE: svn 1.8.9 checkout crashes (debugging details provided)
Date Mon, 26 May 2014 12:39:12 GMT


> -----Original Message-----
> From: Bert Huijben [mailto:bert@qqmail.nl]
> Sent: maandag 26 mei 2014 13:12
> To: dereckh58@openmailbox.org; users@subversion.apache.org
> Subject: RE: svn 1.8.9 checkout crashes (debugging details provided)
> 
> 
> 
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: dereckh58@openmailbox.org [mailto:dereckh58@openmailbox.org]
> > Sent: maandag 26 mei 2014 12:54
> > To: users@subversion.apache.org
> > Subject: svn 1.8.9 checkout crashes (debugging details provided)
> >
> > BASIC DETAILS
> > =============
> >
> > I'm experiencing intermittent checkout crashes with svn 1.8.9 on FreeBSD
> > that
> > aren't easily reproduced. I've included the latest three crash logs (the
> > earlier crashes were similar to the first two I've included -- seen in
> > gdb to
> > occur at the same point -- but I didn't save the core files for those).
> >
> > The checkout will usually run for minutes at a time before the crashes
> > occur, displaying a lengthy list of successfully added files ("A  ...")
> > before
> > segfaulting somewhere through. On some runs, I've managed to checkout
> > everything without incident. There appears to be no rhyme or reason to
> > which
> > particular file fetch causes the crash.
> >
> > If there's anything I can do to help a fix along, please let me know.
> 
> I had a similar crash on that same line on Windows (using 1.8.9 and latest
> serf) and at least one other user reported a problem that might have the
> same root cause... as his checkout triggered that error for me.
> 
> If you find a way to reproduce it, please let us know as the current trace
> doesn't really explain what causes this problem in 1.8.9, but not in older
> versions.

Your testscase works more stable than my original testcase.

It looks like the problem is somehow triggered by upgrading from serf 1.3.4
to 1.3.5. I'm trying to reach out to the serf developers to see how we
should fix this problem.

I think you can work around this problem by using serf 1.3.4, or by
increasing the maximum number of requests per connection on the server.

	Bert


Mime
View raw message