subversion-users mailing list archives

From Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Default user on commit
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2014 17:53:02 GMT
On 18.04.2014 18:15, Justin Mrkva wrote:
> I have two local working copies, both on my local user account. I am managing commits
for another user, so he sends me files and I check them in. It’s weird but we have our reasons
for this.

> So I go into his working copy, replace the file in question with his copy, then do `svn
ci --username other` and it works fine. But next time I go into my working copy, if I commit
using `svn ci` without specifying username, it “remembers” the alternate username.

> Is there a way to keep these from “sticking"?

Username settings (and credentials storage in general) are not specific
to the working copy; they're global settings and only depend on the
repository. So, no, there's no way to do this with Subversion.

-- Brane

--
Branko Čibej | Director of Subversion
WANdisco // Non-Stop Data