subversion-users mailing list archives

From Jeb Wilson <jwil...@colspace.com>
Subject Mergeinfo overwritten from successive merges
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2014 20:24:58 GMT
Hello all,

Apologies if this has already been reported, but it's a difficult one to search for. This
came through from TortoiseSVN 1.8.5.

Here's the basic way to reproduce:

User #1 merges from A -> B and commits.
User #2 merges SOMETHING ELSE from A->B but doesn't update first to get User #1's changes.
User #2 commits, and SVN allows the commit. After reviewing the resulting mergeinfo, User
#1's mergeinfo is overwritten, and the merge info from User #1 is lost.

I've reproduced this several times with TortoiseSVN 1.8.5. Note, we're using 2.5.16 version
of VisualSVN server.

My opinion is SVN should reject User #2's commit, and inform them they have an out-of-date
working copy and it should force them to update before committing their merge changes.
When I downgrade to 1.8.3, the proper "out of date" warning comes up and forces an update.
Thus, it must have been something that was introduced as of 1.8.4.
FYI, another user has reported this issue here: http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMessageId=3071239

Thanks,
Jeb