subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-20...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: logging externals commit
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2013 15:38:34 GMT
Remember to reply to the list too, not just to individual users.

On Oct 8, 2013, at 00:34, Zvika Castel <zvikac@tase.co.il> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your response.
> If it would be easy to implement, than we were out of job :)
>
> I'm part of the half that thinks that a sharing is important and essential in a source
control product, as long you know what you are doing.

> Let me add some more to this case:
> Under the "Slave" folder there is a file (not externals) named "LocalB.txt".
> I change this file and also change the externals "FileB.txt" (one change is a local and
the other is externals), commit both changes to the repo and do the Shaw log (with tortoise)
for "Slave" folder:
> I see two lines, one for "LocalB.txt" file and 2nd line (in gray) for the externals "FileB.txt".
> This telling me that the information (revprop) is already there, isn't it ?

Ah, I didn't read closely enough to see that you were talking about file externals. I was
thinking of directory externals, which are quite different. File externals are already restricted
to being in the same repository so the difficulties I was thinking of don't apply.

> So I come up with a question:
> Why on the first case (change only the externals file) there is no log for that action,
and on the 2nd case (change both, local and externals files) there is a log for both actions
?

I don't know why.

http://subversion.apache.org/reporting-issues.html