subversion-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Sperling <s...@elego.de>
Subject Re: Fresh checkout shows modified files
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2013 09:58:19 GMT
On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 09:41:33AM +0000, Stümpfig, Thomas wrote:
> Hi all,
> for some directories I get modified working copies right after a fresh checkout.
> This seems very strange to me. I do not get any error message. My Platform is Windows
7 64 Bit. I am using TortoiseSVN 1.8.1, Build 24570 - 64 Bit as client. Visual SVN as server.
But also tortoise svn command line tools are producing the same results.

> How can I start to debug? Network doesn't seem to be the issue. Am I right?

Does 'svn cleanup' fix it?

If so, my guess would be that timestamps of the on-disk files differ
from what was recorded in .svn/wc.db. This difference would cause the
modification check logic to flag files as modified.

'svn cleanup' syncs the on-disk timestamps with the ones stored
in meta data.