subversion-users mailing list archives

From Grabner Markus <Markus.Grab...@alicona.com>
Subject subversion fails to detect correct merge direction (sync/reintegrate), how to override?
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2013 10:34:30 GMT

	Hi all!

The new "automatic merge" feature in subversion 1.8 look promising, but in our case prevents
merging the trunk into a branch since subversion incorrectly interprets this operation as
a reintegration merge and complains about missing revisions which should have been merged
first. I can force the merge by explicitly selecting the range of revisions not yet merged,
but this is exactly what merge tracking should do for me. So I have two questions:

*) Is it possible to override subversion's decision on the merge type (i.e., force a sync
merge)?

*) What could be the source of confusion which leads to the incorrect merge classification?
Maybe some complex and/or broken svn:mergeinfo property?

	Thanks & kind regards,
		Markus

Dr. Markus Grabner
Research Department / Algorithms

phone +43 (0) 316 403010 761
fax +43 (0) 316 403010 711
markus.grabner@alicona.com
www.alicona.com

Alicona Imaging GmbH - optical 3D measurement and inspection - Dr.-Auner-Straße 21a - 8074
Raaba/Graz - Austria

Registered office: Grambach, FN 208097a, Landesgericht für ZRS Graz / This e-mail may contain
privileged and/or confidential information. If you receive this email in error or are not
the intended recipient, you may not use, copy, disseminate or distribute it. Do not open any
attachments, delete it immediately from your system and notify the sender promptly by email
that you have done so.