subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-20...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: SVN 1.8.1 Errors - Show Log and Commit New Files
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2013 08:51:40 GMT

On Aug 1, 2013, at 19:06, Geoff Field <Geoff_Field@aapl.com.au> wrote:

> I have recently updated to TSVN 1.8.1, which of course uses SVN 1.8.1 as its command-line
basis. Our server has been running 1.2 and has not been changed (apart from Windows updates)
for a LONG time.

> (Yes, I know 1.2 is very old.  However, we're an automotive company and changes to our
tools can result in issues with customer approvals.  Nonetheless, an upgrade is on the "to-do"
list.)

It has been a longstanding policy of the Subversion project at any given time to support the
latest major version and the previous major version. Therefore at this time Subversion <
1.7 is no longer supported. You should attempt to reproduce the issue with the server running
Subversion 1.7 or later.

If you cannot upgrade the real server to 1.7 or later yet, you could set up a test server
elsewhere, for example on your workstation, to see if upgrading would help with this problem.
On the old server, you could "svnadmin dump" the repository into a file and then "svnadmin
load" that file into your newer test server. Then see if you still experience the problem
when you check out your working copies from the test server.