subversion-users mailing list archives

From Les Mikesell <lesmikes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to change paths on an external file without a full update --depth infinity?
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2013 19:37:41 GMT
On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 2:24 PM,  <dlellis@rockwellcollins.com> wrote:

>> > striving to keep things as simple as possible.  We're fundamentally
>> > accepting of update times going from 2 seconds to 2 minutes.  Its harder
>> > when 2 minutes becomes 20 minutes.
>>
>> Are your build systems on the other side of the world from the
>> repository?   The quick fix might be to reduce the latency one way or
>> another (move one of the pieces, use the wandisco distributed repo
>> approach, etc?) or automate with something like jenkins so you don't
>> have a person waiting.
>
> Yes, and that's a big contributor.  Co-location helps significantly, but
> isn't an option in our case.  I'll take a look at your suggestions.

Depending on your platform and tools, there are times when it works
better to have a remote display to a machine on a network where the
real work happens than to copy everything locally.   And if you can
automate with Jenkins, you don't really even need the display for the
build, although you do have to somehow commit your changes to
subversion.

--
   Les Mikesell
      lesmikesell@gmail.com