subversion-users mailing list archives

From Les Mikesell <lesmikes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Switching
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2013 17:53:18 GMT
On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 12:43 PM, John Maher <JohnM@rotair.com> wrote:

> The clean up script is a good idea but won't work here.  We have mostly all class libraries.
 One executable.  This means to test we need to specify an application in the project.  Some
developers use the exe while some use a tool made just for testing the classes.  This information
is in the *.sou files which are unversioned for this reason.  So we don't want to delete them
(as I incorrectly stated somewhere) but ignore them.

You are sort-of asking for trouble if you have any dependency on
unversioned files being in a workspace at all, much less for them to
continue to exist when switching among versions with/without the
containing directories.   I'd advise stepping back from the immediate
problem and thinking of processes that will always work with a fresh
checkout so that in the future you can use build automation tools like
jenkins, relying only on the contents of the repository even when the
build happens on a new host.  It will simply your life even for manual
operations if you can count on that.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell@gmail.com