subversion-users mailing list archives

From Jay Vee <jvsr...@gmail.com>
Subject how to simply : $svn update ?
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2013 21:09:00 GMT
I do '$svn status'
and get that I am at a certain revision

Type 'svn help' for usage.
cpu:/dir>svn update
At revision 32933.

This leads me to believe that I am fully sync'd with the repo since it
pulled nothing back.

--- I do svn status and see something surprising

cpu:/dir>svn status
?       src/main
?       src/test/java
?       src/test/resources/META-INF

means the above files are not added and do not exist in the remote repo
(but yes they indeed
exist there, If I do a fresh checkout, I see these directories there with
many files.

---
I have not touched this project, and have no idea why it is out of whack.

What I want to do is force sync with the repo.  When I google on this, I am
taken
down long tunnels in various caves with so many confusing solutions.

In my head, I think I should simply be able to do:
  $svn --force update

  or something simple like that.

  How do I do this?

---