subversion-users mailing list archives

From John Maher <Jo...@rotair.com>
Subject RE: Strange behavior
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2013 16:53:15 GMT
Thanks Johan, I'll have to try it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Johan Corveleyn [mailto:jcorvel@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 11:42 AM
To: John Maher
Cc: Ryan Schmidt; Subversion Users
Subject: Re: Strange behavior

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 4:12 PM, John Maher <JohnM@rotair.com> wrote:
> Thanks Ryan.  I learned a lot from your reply.  Namely the global-ignores are really
local global-ignores and I have to copy the config file over to anyone who may import.

As of version 1.8 (for the svn client), there is a new feature called "Repository Dictated
Configuration" [1], which you can use to set a global-ignores that will be applied by all
standard 1.8 clients. It works by setting an svn:global-ignores property on a directory in
your repository, which then applies to the entire subtree under that directory.

However, I'm not sure if that feature applies to 'svn import' (because it doesn't have a working
copy). I guess someone will have to try it :-).

[1] http://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/1.8.html#repos-dictated-config

--
Johan