subversion-users mailing list archives

From John Maher <Jo...@rotair.com>
Subject RE: Strange behavior
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2013 13:30:03 GMT
Thanks Mark, that's an excellent shortcut.

JM

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Phippard [mailto:markphip@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2013 4:05 PM
To: John Maher
Cc: Bob Archer; Edwin Castro; users@subversion.apache.org
Subject: Re: Strange behavior

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 3:27 PM, John Maher <JohnM@rotair.com> wrote:

> I couldn't find where it discusses the global config in the book, if it does at all.
 And even if it does I doubt it would help because it won't tell me where to find the file.
 Unless there is a command to edit it.  I tried a search and someone says there is a site-wide
config (what I need) and a user config but not where they are.  I am using Windows XP and
an having a difficult time finding this file.

The configuration area is in the book in here:

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.7/svn.advanced.confarea.html

The footnote links to the easiest way to find the file:

%APPDATA%\Subversion

Just enter that into the Windows Run dialog or the address bar of the file explorer and it
will take you to the right folder where the configuration files are found.  This is true for
XP as well as Win 7.

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard