subversion-users mailing list archives

From John Maher <Jo...@rotair.com>
Subject RE: Strange behavior
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2013 13:22:48 GMT
Thanks David.  For the past week and a half I've been wrestling with this thing.  Searching,
reading, trying, back to searching.  Time to switch gears but I needed to get over this hurdle.
 I'm now on the second repository I have to dispose of (and all the history with it) so I
hope the 3rd time's the charm.

Thanks again
JM

-----Original Message-----
From: David Chapman [mailto:dcchapman@acm.org]
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2013 3:49 PM
To: John Maher
Cc: users@subversion.apache.org
Subject: Re: Strange behavior

On 8/12/2013 12:27 PM, John Maher wrote:
> Thanks Bob, that may be exactly what I am looking for.  Something that would affect all
the files without having to issue over 200 commands or build a dummy directory just for importing.
 Although that second suggestion provided by Andrew is definitely better than the first.

> I couldn't find where it discusses the global config in the book, if it does at all.
 And even if it does I doubt it would help because it won't tell me where to find the file.
 Unless there is a command to edit it.  I tried a search and someone says there is a site-wide
config (what I need) and a user config but not where they are.  I am using Windows XP and
an having a difficult time finding this file.

> I can't even find the name of it.  If someone can provide that I could at least search
for it and hope it has some clue inside as how to alter it.

First link from Google (search was "windows xp subversion configuration file location",
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6310539/where-is-the-subversion-global-config-file-for-the-slik-svn-client-for-windows)
sez:

C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Application Data\Subversion\config

I no longer run on Windows XP, so I don't remember if this is the proper place for the file,
but I have no reason to doubt it.

For Windows 7 it's in:

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Subversion\config

Which I can confirm.

In the "config" file, I have my global-ignores for Windows set to:

global-ignores = *.obj *.lib *.map *.exe *.bak *.pdb *.ilk *.idb

There might need to be a few more; it's been several years since I have imported existing
code into my Subversion repositories.  But you get the idea.

--
     David Chapman      dcchapman@acm.org
     Chapman Consulting -- San Jose, CA