subversion-users mailing list archives

From Markus Schaber <m.scha...@codesys.com>
Subject Fwd: Putty (plink) security updates and SVN clients
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2013 08:31:32 GMT
[Forwarded from the dev@ list as suggested on IRC]

Hi,

(This is slightly off-topic, but I don't know any better way to contact the packagers of possible
affected distributions / clients I don't know about).

I just learned that the windows SSH client putty got a security update:
http://lists.tartarus.org/pipermail/putty-announce/2013/000018.html

I know that some windows based SSH Clients (for example TortoiseSVN and SharpSVN-based ones
like AnkhSVN and CODESYS SVN) ship with a plink.exe based on the putty code to provide svn+ssh
access.

I guess those distributions should release updates to include the bug fixes.

A possible workaround for end-users is to download the fixed plink.exe from the putty distribution,
and configure their clients to use said plink.exe.

Another possible workaround is to not use the svn+ssh-protocol, of course. ☺

Best regards

Markus Schaber

CODESYS® a trademark of 3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH

Inspiring Automation Solutions
3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH
Dipl.-Inf. Markus Schaber | Product Development Core Technology
Memminger Str. 151 | 87439 Kempten | Germany
Tel. +49-831-54031-979 | Fax +49-831-54031-50

E-Mail: m.schaber@codesys.com | Web: codesys.com | CODESYS store: store.codesys.com
CODESYS forum: forum.codesys.com

Managing Directors: Dipl.Inf. Dieter Hess, Dipl.Inf. Manfred Werner | Trade register: Kempten
HRB 6186 | Tax ID No.: DE 167014915