subversion-users mailing list archives

From Edwin Castro <0ptikGh...@gmx.us>
Subject Re: Switching
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2013 16:26:49 GMT
On 8/23/13 7:43 AM, John Maher wrote:
> The files in question are settings files (think config files) and intermediate compilet
generated files.  The settings files can be recreated at any time.  If they are wrong the
only thing affected is the development environment.  The other files get recreated every time
the code is run, plus they never get into production.  So they 1) could be recreated any time
at will with the versioned code files and 2) they will never be in production anyway.  Don't
read more than what is stated otherwise you have a chance of being wrong and wasting time.

When these files get in the way of subversion performing an operation,
then the sensible thing to do is to delete them. I think I heard many
people voice this opinion on this mailing list. If their contents should
be kept around then they should be versioned. That opinion was also
voiced by the mailing list.

--
Edwin G. Castro