subversion-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Field <Geoff_Fi...@aapl.com.au>
Subject RE: How Big A Dump File Can Be Handled? (svn 1.8 upgrade)
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2013 02:00:55 GMT

I was doing this all in the background via remote login to our SVN server, so I didn't monitor
times.  Some of our repos only took seconds because there wasn't much to load.  The ones that
involved more people and more changes took up to somewhere on the order of an hour or so.
 Usually, I'd just set it going and do other work while occasionally glancing at the remote
desktop session to see if it had finished the current step.

> Since we use svn+ssh, repository permissions matter a bit more for us.

We only allow https access and we only have a few users now, so monitoring and controlling
access during the changeover was easy.

Besides, nobody was ABLE to access the BDB repositories because the more recent server builds
that you can download don't include the BDB module.  Simply stopping the old server software
was enough to kill all access to the BDB repositories in our case.

Regards,

Geoff

--
Apologies for the auto-generated legal boilerplate added by our IT department:

- The contents of this email, and any attachments, are strictly private
and confidential.
- It may contain legally privileged or sensitive information and is intended
solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed.
- Only the intended recipient may review, reproduce, retransmit, disclose,
disseminate or otherwise use or take action in reliance upon the information
contained in this email and any attachments, with the permission of
Australian Arrow Pty. Ltd.
- If you have received this communication in error, please reply to the sender
immediately and promptly delete the email and attachments, together with
any copies, from all computers.
- It is your responsibility to scan this communication and any attached files
for computer viruses and other defects and we recommend that it be
subjected to your virus checking procedures prior to use.
- Australian Arrow Pty. Ltd. does not accept liability for any loss or damage
of any nature, howsoever caused, which may result
directly or indirectly from this communication or any attached files.