subversion-users mailing list archives

From Piontek Mark <mpion...@de.pepperl-fuchs.com>
Subject AW: svn status --show-updates does not mark file externals with '*' when there is a new revision available on the server
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2013 12:04:10 GMT

Registergericht/Register Court: AG Mannheim HRB 4713
-----Urspr├╝ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Johan Corveleyn [mailto:jcorvel@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 16. August 2013 13:42
An: Piontek Mark
Cc: users@subversion.apache.org
Betreff: Re: svn status --show-updates does not mark file externals with '*' when there is
a new revision available on the server

[ Sidenote: this list prefers bottom-posting (putting your reply at the bottom) or in-line
replying. Also, try to avoid the legal boilerplate -- this is a public, archived mailinglist,
so it doesn't make much sense. I've rearranged your reply accordingly. More below ... ]

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 1:26 PM, Piontek Mark <mpiontek@de.pepperl-fuchs.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> a short test with the latest release of server,  version 1.8.1 (r1503906)    compiled
Jul 22 2013, 18:46:03 on x86-microsoft-windows gives the same results.

I can understand that this is expected to work, because one expects file externals to behave
similarly to dir externals. But I'm not really sure if file externals were designed to do
this.

Can you perhaps check with some older clients (1.7, maybe also 1.6), to at least see if this
is a regression or "it has always been like that".

--
Johan

Wichtiger Hinweis:
Diese E-Mail einschliesslich ihrer Anhaenge enthaelt vertrauliche und
rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen, die nur fuer den Adressaten bestimmt sind.
Sollten Sie nicht der bezeichnete Adressat sein, so teilen Sie dies bitte dem
Absender umgehend mit und loeschen Sie diese Nachricht und ihre Anhaenge. Die
unbefugte Weitergabe, das Anfertigen von Kopien und jede Veraenderung der E-Mail
ist untersagt. Der Absender haftet nicht fuer Inhalte von veraenderten
E-Mails.

Important Information:
This e-mail message including its attachments contains confidential and legally protected
information solely intended for the addressee. If you are not the intended addressee of this
message, please contact the addresser immediately and delete this message including its attachments.
The unauthorized dissemination, copying and change of this e-mail are strictly forbidden.
The addresser shall not be liable for the content of such changed e-mails.