subversion-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Sperling <s...@elego.de>
Subject Re: Switching
Date Sat, 24 Aug 2013 19:04:48 GMT
On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 10:22:41AM -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
> Don't forget that it was subversion, not the user, that created the
> directory and abandoned it in the first place.

If a previously versioned directory is left behind unversioned, that
means there are unversioned (aka obstructing) nodes within the
directory, such as files created during a build. Those files could
not have been created by svn.

I hope that we will eventually extend tree conflict handling to the
point where it makes these kinds of situations trivial to resolve,
even for novice users. svn should interactively offer a set of
reasonable courses of action, such as removing the unversioned nodes,
or moving them to a special lost+found area, or something else that
allows incoming versioned nodes to be created in their place.