subversion-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Bert Huijben" <b...@qqmail.nl>
Subject RE: svn 1.8 causing locks to be broken on update
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2013 10:12:23 GMT


> -----Original Message-----
> From: Philip Martin [mailto:philip.martin@wandisco.com]
> Sent: donderdag 15 augustus 2013 11:41
> To: Felipe Alvarez
> Cc: Hiroharu Tamaru; Users Subversion Apache; Johan Corveleyn; William
> Smith
> Subject: Re: svn 1.8 causing locks to be broken on update
> 
> Felipe Alvarez <felipe.alvarez@gmail.com> writes:
> 
> >> I'm using a 1.8.x client and a 1.6.x server and I can't reproduce it. I
> >> tried this
> >>
> >> svnadmin create repo --compatible-version 1.6
> >> svn co http://localhost:8888/obj/repo wc
> >> svn mkdir --parents wc/A/B/C
> >> touch wc/A/B/C/f
> >> svn add wc/A/B/C/f
> >> svn ci -mm wc
> >> svn up wc
> >> svn lock wc/A/B/C/f
> >> cd wc/A
> >> svn up
> >> cd ..
> >> svn up
> >> cd ..
> >> svn st wc
> >>
> >> and the final status shows wc/A/B/C/f still locked.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Philip Martin | Subversion Committer
> >> WANdisco // *Non-Stop Data*
> >>
> > ​Hi Philip
> >
> > Pardon my ignorance. We are using an authentic 1.6.15 client, not a 1.8.1
> > in 1.6 "mode" (If I am interpreting your --compatible-version option
> > correctly). Further, we are using Apache 2.2 with the following config <
> > http://pastebin.com/ZefLnHA9>
> >
> > We followed the exact same steps as you have, but not localhost, we used
> a
> > remote host. Should it matter?
> 
> I have determined that the the lock gets broken when I use a 1.6.16
> server but it is not broken when I use a 1.6.17 server.  It was fixed by
> r1124173.

Ah, good catch:
[[
r1104309 | cmpilato | 2011-05-17 17:02:05 +0200 (di, 17 mei 2011) | 20 lines

With rhuijben, avoid transmitting entry props for unmodified, locked
files when the client-provided lock token matches what is stored in
the repository.  This fixes issue #3525 ("Locked file which is
scheduled for delete causes tree conflict") and issue #3471 ("svn up
touches file w/ lock & svn:keywords property").

NOTE:  There is a remaining 3525-related test that is still failing
(update_tests.py 53), but that's because of out-of-date expectations
in the WC-NG world.  (That will be fixed in a subsequent revision.)

* subversion/libsvn_repos/reporter.c
  (update_entry): Return early not only when there's not a provided
    lock token, but also when there's a provided lock token that matches
    what's in the repository.

* subversion/tests/cmdline/lock_tests.py
  (update_locked_deleted): Remove @XFail decorator.

* subversion/tests/cmdline/update_tests.py
  (update_with_file_lock_and_keywords_property_set): Remove @XFail decorator.
]]

A group effort on 2011's SvnDay Hackathon :)

	Bert


Mime
View raw message