subversion-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Sperling <s...@elego.de>
Subject Re: 1.8.0 and plaintext password caching
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2013 13:56:33 GMT
On Mon, Jul 08, 2013 at 07:20:17PM +0700, Eugene Grosbein wrote:
> Please note passtype is "gpg-agent", not "simple". I do not have gpg-agent installed,

Are you 100% sure about that? svn shouldn't be using the gpg-agent
password store if it cannot contact a running gpg-agent.

> nor need it. Of course, password is not cached and svn asks for it every time.
> And yes, I need to cache root password. In plaintext. You can assume the whole
> file system is encrypted.
>
> Is it a regression in recent subversion or just me doing something wrong?
>
> Please CC: me when replying as I'm not in the list.

You can tweak the password-stores option in the config file to avoid
this problem. Set it to an empty value, like this:

  ### Section for authentication and authorization customizations.
  [auth]
  ### Set password stores used by Subversion. They should be
  ### delimited by spaces or commas. The order of values determines
  ### the order in which password stores are used.
  ### Valid password stores:
  ###   gnome-keyring        (Unix-like systems)
  ###   kwallet              (Unix-like systems)
  ###   keychain             (Mac OS X)
  ###   windows-cryptoapi    (Windows)
  password-stores =