subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-20...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: A couple of questions, please... (UNCLASSIFIED)
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2013 22:27:24 GMT

On Jun 6, 2013, at 11:01, "Doughty, Stefan J CTR (US)" <stefan.j.doughty.ctr@mail.mil>
wrote:

> I’ve been tasked to get a Certificate of Networthiness (CON) from the U.S. government
so we can use Apache Subversion for version control. I’ve been using it for several years
at home and I love it.

> 1.       Is there perhaps a CON already? I’ve looked and saw an older one for Collabnet
Subversion.
> 2.       I’m filling out the form to apply for the CON, and I need a phone number and
an address. Is that possible?

Hello,

I'm not familiar with certificates of networthiness or other government requirements for software
use. Do they only cover a specific version of the software? If so, and if the one you have
is for an older version than the one you want to use, can you cite it in your request for
an updated CON?

A Google search found this message about a CON having been obtained by the Army for Apache
HTTPD Server 2.2.x:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!msg/mil-oss/8SSDWbuUbY4/enkC_MYVRw0J

Since version 1.7.0, Subversion is also part of the Apache Foundation, so perhaps it will
help you to know that another Apache project has already been approved.

I'm not aware of a phone number for the Apache Foundation, but there is a central address:

http://www.apache.org/foundation/contact.html

Writing to the Legal Affairs Committee's mailing list might be fruitful:

http://www.apache.org/legal/