subversion-users mailing list archives

From <Liberal...@viatech.com.cn>
Subject 答复: How to use SVN to setup CIMS
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2013 06:47:17 GMT
Dears
I found that the tool of svnlook can cat the edit file with "-t" option in pre-commit script.
I do this in the server side, can I do the same this in client side?

Best regards
LiberalJin
-----邮件原件-----
发件人: Ryan Schmidt [mailto:subversion-2012c@ryandesign.com]
发送时间: 2013年6月4日 13:03
收件人: Liberal Jin
抄送: users@subversion.apache.org
主题: Re: How to use SVN to setup CIMS

On Jun 3, 2013, at 21:46, LiberalJin@viatech.com.cn wrote:

> I want to set up a cims by SVN.

I don't know what "cims" is, but…

> The system need to do a series test before commit.

This has been recently discussed, and the consensus was "don't do that", because there's no
way for you to obtain a consistent state of the repository to test until the commit has been
finalized.

http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2013-05/0261.shtml

Instead, use a continuous integration system that tests your build after each commit, and
reports build failures (e.g. to a group email list) so that whoever committed a bad revision
will know about it and can fix it quickly.