subversion-users mailing list archives

From Philip Martin <philip.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: vimdiff wrapper for diff-cmd not working with 1.8
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2013 08:27:44 GMT
Ben Reser <ben@reser.org> writes:

> I don't imagine it'd take very long at all to implement but the
> problem of course is that we really should think carefully how we go
> about doing this.  If we can detect this at runtime we probably
> should.

I don't see how Subversion can determine that one script needs a
terminal while another can use a file, only the user knows that.

It's also hard to fix 1.8, how do we pass the information into the
client library without changing the API?  Perhaps we could recognise a
special part of the command name or a special external parameter, so

   --diff-cmd svn:interactive:myscript

or

   --diff-cmd myscript -x svn:interactive

gets a terminal while