subversion-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Sperling <s...@elego.de>
Subject Re: Ancestrally Related Error Message
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2013 17:22:06 GMT
On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 10:57:28AM -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
> Would it have made a difference in the subversion processing if the
> empty trunk had been copied to create the branch before the initial
> import?  That is, would having a common ancestor as the parent
> directory have made the 'adds' merge correctly?   It is probably rare
> to create a branch that is unrelated to anything else.

I don't think it would make a difference. I haven't tried to reproduce
the problem yet, though.

I believe that if the merged revision range includes additions, the merge
should work and add the files -- related ancestry or not. I don't know if
the additions were part of the revision range C M was merging.