subversion-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <danie...@elego.de>
Subject Re: svn 1.8 migration - directory deltification and revprop packing
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2013 15:20:57 GMT
C. Michael Pilato wrote on Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 14:52:48 +0200:
> On 06/10/2013 03:05 PM, Thomas Harold wrote:
>
> > b) Does revprop caching only need to be enabled for http/https access and
> > does it have any effect on svn+ssh access?  (All of our users currently use
> > svn+ssh access, but we are considering moving to http/https.)
>
> Each server has its own cache enable/disable configuration mechanisms, and
> both benefit from the revprop caching being enabled.

Note, though, that svn+ssh spawns one (or more) short-lived svnserve
instances, and the revprop cache is per-process.  Consequently, the
cache will be effective for single operations that use a single server
connection (such as 'svn checkout') but will not carry through between
clients, or even for a single client that closes and re-opens its
connection.