subversion-users mailing list archives

From Remo <r...@me.com>
Subject Re: Error: "A subtree cannot specify a different DAV provider than its parent"
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2013 22:56:50 GMT
No suggestions at all?

--
Remo Del Bello

On Apr 9, 2013, at 3:14 PM, Remo Del Bello <remo@me.com> wrote:

> I have setup a repository location on our Apache server at '/repos' with the following:
>
> <Location "/repos">
> 	DAV svn
> 	SVNParentPath /path/to/repos
> 	SVNListParentPath on
>
> I did this so that I could simply create new repositories and have them immediately available
without having to create new Apache conf files and restarting the daemon. This setup produces
repos with URLs like: http://svn.domain.dom/repos/reponame

> Sometimes, however, we have need to give external vendors access to a repository or a
specific branch of a repository. Since I don't want them to have access to any of the other
repos or even to the list of repositories itself, I've been creating additional Apache conf
files specifying a different location for the same repository:

> <Location /reponame>
> 	DAV svn
> 	SVNPath /path/to/repos/reponame
>
> While this works, it produces continuous Apache errors that fill the log and, if unchecked,
the drive. The error is:

> [Tue Apr 09 14:30:50 2013] [error] A subtree cannot specify a different DAV provider
than its parent.

> I believe this is related to using "SVNParentPath" for the location in one place and
"SVNPath" in another. Is this correct? Or is it the re-specifying of "DAV svn"? Either way,
if I remove the two SVN lines from the vendor workaround conf file, SVN stops working.