subversion-users mailing list archives

From James Marcus <marcus.ja...@gmail.com>
Subject Dealing with binaries and migrating a 36G repository
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2013 13:56:07 GMT
Hi,
I have been trying to migrate a hosted repository that is 36G.  This is
difficult because we have offshore teams, so the repository is almost
always active.  Before I got here, it seems that someone had the build
process check in each binary after it was built.... Urgh!

I'm looking for tips on migrating this repository?

I have a list of the revisions that are greater then 10M

I have looked for svndump filters to exclude certain revisions, and
considered other migration paths, but exporting 36G then scp'ing it off to
another host takes a long time and I think it would be best if I  could
export everything except the binaries.. Is there a way to do this with
svndump?

Current server is running:

[dagger]$ svn --version
svn, version 1.5.1 (r32289)