subversion-users mailing list archives

From Remo Del Bello <r...@me.com>
Subject Error: "A subtree cannot specify a different DAV provider than its parent"
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2013 22:14:59 GMT
I have setup a repository location on our Apache server at '/repos' with the following:

<Location "/repos">
	DAV svn
	SVNParentPath /path/to/repos
	SVNListParentPath on

I did this so that I could simply create new repositories and have them immediately available
without having to create new Apache conf files and restarting the daemon. This setup produces
repos with URLs like: http://svn.domain.dom/repos/reponame

Sometimes, however, we have need to give external vendors access to a repository or a specific
branch of a repository. Since I don't want them to have access to any of the other repos or
even to the list of repositories itself, I've been creating additional Apache conf files specifying
a different location for the same repository:

<Location /reponame>
	DAV svn
	SVNPath /path/to/repos/reponame

While this works, it produces continuous Apache errors that fill the log and, if unchecked,
the drive. The error is:

[Tue Apr 09 14:30:50 2013] [error] A subtree cannot specify a different DAV provider than
its parent.

I believe this is related to using "SVNParentPath" for the location in one place and "SVNPath"
in another. Is this correct? Or is it the re-specifying of "DAV svn"? Either way, if I remove
the two SVN lines from the vendor workaround conf file, SVN stops working.

How can I fix this?

--
Remo Del Bello