subversion-users mailing list archives

From Dermot <paik...@gmail.com>
Subject Feasiblility question
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2013 12:31:36 GMT
Hi,

In my $work, we manage thousands of binary files (tiffs). We may modify a
file once or twice before eventually entering the file as a record. Files
arrive in groups (a submission) and I would like to track changes and the
history of a file. Once the file is entered as a record, I could remove
much of the history.

I've used subversion for software version control and I am wondering if I
would be stretching it's features to versioning thousands of binary files
(currently 13,000 since the start of 2013) at about 60MB each file.

Apart from the size of the diffs/deltas, I am struggling to envisage a way
to organise the repo. Making a new project for each submission would make
make the whole repo unwieldy.

Has anyone used subversion for this type of tracking? Does what I'm
proposing sound feasible?  Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Dermot